Why SEO Matters To Your Business
You’ve heard everyone talk about SEO marketing and search engine optimization. You have a hunch about what it is and how it works, but why is it important? What does SEO have to do with search engines and how users experience your website? As sophisticated the concept of search engine optimization is, it’s actually quite simple. We’ll explain the simplicity and depth of how you can implement basic SEO to your website to help improve your online presence.
Google Introduces Your Business
By now, everyone knows that having a website is extremely important for your business. You have a website, your neighbor has a website and obviously your competitors have a website. Everyone is searching for things they want and need. Your services may be just the thing people are looking for on Google or other search engines. If you rank well with Google then your website will display on the top spots of the search results and voila, people will read the snippet of information and click on your website. It’s in that instant that they’ll see if your website is what they’re looking for and convert into a customer or bounce to a different website.
Search Intent And SEO
People search online for various reasons. This is what is called Search Intent. Making sure your website is built to target these intents plays a very important role on your traffic. There are a few of them, but the most commonly used ones are:
- Informational Intent. A huge majority of searches are from people looking for information. They’re searching recipes, information about the weather and even information about SEO. People with intent to search for information have a specific question and want to know more about it.
- Navigational Intent. People with this type of intent already know where they want to go to visit a specific website. This is when you need to make sure your website can be found when someone searches for your business.
- Transactional Intent. This type of audience, which is a huge majority, is ready to make a purchase and will be browsing the web to find the best option, price or service. If you offer products or services on your website, this is where you definitely want to make sure your website displays on their searches.
- Commercial Investigation Intent. Just like transactional intent, commercial investigation intent includes people that have the intent to make a purchase in the near future. In this situation, they use the web to do their research for their best option.
So, why is it important? We tell you this because we want to make sure that you have a landing page that fits the search intent of your potential customers. We want you to optimize your website to provide the type of information that is valuable to your audience’s search intent. If people are looking for information and all you have a is a product page, they will most likely not convert into a customer because they’re not ready to make a purchase. It’s important to review your website to make sure you’re providing the right, valuable information people are searching for online.
SEO And The User Experience
Major search engines, including Google, have shifted to user experience when it comes to their ranking process. They want to make sure that the information they are providing their users will be informative, meets their expectations and valuable. If someone is searching for information and clicks on a website that has broken links, has to click on multiple links to get to the information or just isn’t responsive (displays well on mobile devices), that person will bounce in seconds. Search engines notice when websites don’t provide a good user experience. For that reason, they will rank the website low. That’s how websites end up on page two or further down the result pages when someone does a search. Those sites will rarely get looked at by anyone and therefore, lose business. Given that, this is why it is important your website implements good search engine optimization.
A Few Things You Can Do Now
If you want to improve your search engine rankings and start implementing good SEO, then here are few things you can do now:
- Optimize your images. Speed plays a huge role on user experience. No one want to wait a whole minute for an image on your page to download. That’s the sure way to have people bounce off your site and go somewhere else. Make sure your images are optimized to be around 50Kb. You may have the latest and greatest phone with fast bandwidth, but your potential customer may not.
- Add those alt tags. Each image on your site has the option of having an alt tag. Google wants to make sure everyone has accessibility to your website. Alt tags are used to describe an image using screen readers. People that have difficulty seeing may need to use a screen reader. To them, hearing an image me described means the world to them. You don’t have to do it for every image, such as an icon, but use your best judgment and provide that service.
- Make sure your links work. There’s nothing more frustrating than clicking on a link that doesn’t work. For that reason, make sure your links are working. Search engines bots know when links work or don’t work and will penalize your website accordingly.
- Make sure your site is secured. Make sure your website starts with “https:” That ‘s’ shows visitors that your website has an SSL certificate and is secured for transactions. Almost everyone knows this and if they see your website URL having only an ‘http:” without an s, they will not trust your website and bounce.
Our Marketing Team Is Here To Launch Your Business Forward
At Green Monkeys Studio, we pride ourselves in providing you the best professional services that deliver. We provide top ranking SEO marketing and digital marketing services. Need a new website or update your current one? Our design team is here for you to provide top notch web design services; delivering responsive websites that rank on Google. Reach us at (206) 445-1185 or fill out the form below.